Monday, May 26, 2014

You are Invited!!! 5/25/14

“Just like Superman, you are made of steel!  No doubt about it, that’s the way we feel!"
From the musical “44”

We would like to invite you to a very special event!  With help from his music therapist Tom Sweitzer, Forrest has written a musical telling his story.  “44” makes its debut this Sunday, June 1st at 2:00 at The Hill School in Middleburg.  Forrest and a group of talented performers from A Place To Be will perform a staged reading of the show which includes six original songs written by Forrest and Tom.   If you are in the area, you do not want to miss this 25 minute amazing show!  There will also be a sneak preview of the Documentary Film "High Notes" trailer featuring Forrest's journey and others touched through the power of Music Therapy at A Place To Be.


Also among the exciting upcoming events is….Forrest's GRADUATION!  Forrest would like to invite all of you, his faithful supporters to attend the Kettle Run High School graduation ceremony on Friday, June 6th at 6:00 - 7:00pm at Kettle Run in Nokesville, VA.  And Toliver has permission to walk with Forrest to receive his diploma! The ceremony is scheduled to be outside, in the football stadium, weather permitting.   If rain is in the forecast, the ceremony will likely be moved indoors and unfortunately, there will only be space for family members.  We might not know until the morning of the 6th, but we will update the blog as soon as we know if it is outside or not and if so, we would love to have a big Team Forrest cheering section to help celebrate this monumental occasion!  Pray for sun!


3 comments:

  1. Oh Forrest I really wish I could come to the reading this Sunday. I know it will be special. My grandson Cody is having his birthday party then so I won't be able to make it, but we will all be thinking about you. We are praying for sun for Friday the 6th and looking forward to that milestone event. We will see you on the 7th, if not before. I can't wait! Have a great day.
    You are a "superman".
    Blessings and love,
    Nurse Karen and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cool things are happening! Love it! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Forrest, I have not forgotten about you but so sorry I have not been logging in, I am not a computer person, a lot of times my inbox gets full because I have not checked my emails for months.
    On the other hand if you give me some meat and vegetables I'll make something out of it really quick!!! LOL!!!

    So happy to know you are getting stronger everyday. I am so proud of you and your accomplishments!!!
    I'm so mad I missed the reading just few days ago.

    Keep up the good work!!!

    Hazel and James

    ReplyDelete