Friday, September 26, 2014

From Forrest

Hi everyone.  This is Forrest.  I've been busy lately!  Last week, I had the opportunity to speak to a Traumatic Brain Injury support group with my Music Therapist Tom.  We sang some songs from my show and I got to hear many stories and tell my own. 

Last week I also went to Johns Hopkins for a check up with my surgeon.  He was happy with how I looked and how my noggin' and back are healing.  He took out a bunch of sutures....OW!  I also saw one of my doctors in Richmond earlier this week.

One thing that I have been busy with lately is The Same Sky Project with A Place to Be.  Myself and a talented, brave group of individuals from APTB have been practicing 2 to 3 times a week to get ready to perform at multiple schools in October.  We will be having a show open to the public at The Hill School on Saturday, October 11th at 7:30pm.  Anyone who can come and see this show, should! (Tickets at the door)

Other things I have been up to:  PT with Del two times a week; getting ready for a college class online - unfortunately the first class I signed up for got cancelled, so now I may be taking a history class; I went to see "The Maze Runner" with my aide Tami - I loved the movie!;  I go to Immersion at APTB once a week for a few hours; and of course....hanging out with Toliver, who goes with me everywhere!  

Thanks for your support-
Forrest

The Same Sky Cast!  You may notice that Derek is holding a sign that says "Normal", there is a little part involving that particular label in the show - but you have to come see it to see why we have that sign on the stage! 
Me, Toliver, Mum and Tom with the TBI support group I visited last week
Dr. Kumar removing my sutures (OUCH!) and Toliver doing his best to comfort me

3 comments:

  1. Miracle is the best word to describe you Forrest....... of course.......past cute and brilliant and amazing....please keep up the progress and the smile...you have a wonderful team there for you, a great blessing..and then there is Toliver and perfect loyalty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much love and healing being sent your way.....always !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read about your busy life. Its seems you have jumped right back to keeping active and being involved following your surgery. I am sure the TBI support group loved to see you and Toliver.
    The Same Sky project sounds amazing! Good luck!
    Laurie Rice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Forrest, I just wanted to send you thoughts & prayers from Iowa. I came across this page a few weeks ago while looking for something else. Your story caught my eye & I became a fan. A fan of you, your family, your medical teams, your friends & your beautiful dog Toliver. Your life has touched so many people. Your journey to health has touched many more. You are a very inspiring fellow. Stay strong & keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete