Friday, August 29, 2014

A Message from Toliver

Hi friends, this is Toliver.   My special person, Forrest, just got out of ICU!  We moved to a new room in Intermediate Care (IMC) and he is resting right now.  The doctors seem pleased with Forrest's progress but have told us that he has to stay pretty still, so I haven't gotten to play with him yet.  I over heard Mum and Tami say that I look sad and worried, and I am!  It is hard to see my person in bed with all the tubes and things I don't understand.  So I do my best to cheer him up by looking adorable and making all the nurses and doctors smile when they come in our room. This afternoon I very faintly heard Forrest whisper my name, Toliver, so I think I must be doing a pretty good job.

I do want to share something with you.  Canine Companions for Independence (CCI), the organization that brought Forrest to me, and me to him, needs signatures on a really important pledge!  This pledge is to try to keep people from making their personal pet dogs fake service dogs.  Here is a quote from the CEO of CCI about this issue: 

"This pledge will help shine a light on all the people who outfit their untrained family pets to look like service dogs so they can enter places they don't belong. It will also highlight the discrimination that people with disabilities are facing with the real service dogs they depend on every day."

We need you to help CCI get 50,000 pledges by midnight on Sunday.  This is really important to me so that I and my other service dog friends can keep doing what we love, taking care of our special people!  Here is the link to the pledge:  CCI PLEDGE

Thank you all for helping me take care of Forrest and for lending your voice to help CCI continue their amazing work.
Love, Toliver

8 comments:

  1. Hi Toliver: Thanks for taking such good care of Forrest. I was waiting all day to hear how he was doing. I am thrilled that you are there and that Forrest said your name, even if it was in a whisper. Don't worry, your Forrest will get stronger every day and pretty soon you will both be romping around again having lots of fun. You are all in our prayers.

    Abby Laughlin and the Laughlin family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. There is nothing better than puppy love! I'm so glad to hear Forrest is out of ICU!

    Christie Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have signed the pledge! Keep up the good work Forrest and Toliver!
    Andrew Motion

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, Toliver, I'm on it! The pledge is signed. Be patient. Your boy will be like his old self before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news...... continue the wonderful care of Forrest, Toliver !!!!!!!! Prayers and thoughts of thanks for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before you know it you will be playing football with Forrest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Petition signed !!!!!! Love and prayers for all Team 44 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I signed it Toliver!!! Nice of you to update us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toliver.....thank you so much for your updates. Tell Forrest that we hope for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toliver....thank you for your love and support of your best man Forrest. We signed the petition in your honor, Best Dog! Give Forrest extra licks as kisses from all the Davis'.....and some for his brother and folks, too. XOXO

    ReplyDelete