Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Feeling Safe

You were in fine form this morning Forrest, belting out a mash up of The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow and This Is The Moment, during group FaceTime with Austin and Tom. I don't think there could have been a more upbeat send off to surgery.  



In pre-op the nurse asked you if you had any questions.  You answered "Nope. I feel safe with this new head.  Even though I have to have another operation, I'm happy because I feel safe and I know it's going to be fine."  Where do you get your faith and confidence? 

When you rolled into the OR in your wheelchair with me the first thing we saw overlooking the operating table was a gigantic flat screen monitor displaying the 3-D CAT scan of your newly reconstructed skull.  You grinned  ear to ear and announced with pride to the room full of doctors and nurses, "There's my new head! That is all my own bone!"

You've been through so many surgeries and setbacks, but you are surrounded by love and prayer.  Your faith, your eternal optimism, your wacky sense of humor and your joy sustain us.  You are safe, Forrest. And soon your Noggin will be healed and we will all be BrightWood bound!

With a grateful heart for the love and prayers swirling around Forrest. I'm certain the OR is humming now with Regae music and positive energy. 

Can't wait to hear what you'll say next.  

Mum & Team 44

4 comments:

  1. I can't either....waiting, praying, buoyed be this positive post from your incredible son. The depth of his faith and confidence is a marvel. Forrest places his faith in the right places. Love that boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home stretch, guys, home stretch. When I look in the dictionary under "invincible", the definition is Forrest Allen. You will be home in no time.

    warm regards,

    Abby Laughlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forrest and family,

    We're thinking of you every minute today, and hope you can feel our thoughts, prayers, and positive vibes. You are making medical history, miracle boy!!

    Love, love, love,

    Jim and Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers going up from Lexington!

    ReplyDelete